What patient can expect coming to our Clinic:
The first appointment is planned to take between 45 min and 1½ hours. It involves going through your medical history, so it is made easier and quicker if you provide to us before your appointment a self-written medical history or a summarising letter, which you should also bring with you.
You will be given either a physical or clinical examination followed by a discussion of your expectations, options of care and treatment and support we can offer for you whilst at summarising Medical Clinic.
Please notify reception staff before hand, if you have any special needs or communication or mobility problems etc.
What to bring with you:
- A brief letter from your GP, Hospital doctor or Therapist-in-charge (however, this is not an absolute requirement)
- Any summarising letter describing your medical condition or copies or print-outs of your recent and past medical investigations, scan reports, etc.
- Patient Questionnaire; Please download and complete the summarising Medical PDF document and bring it with you.
- This could help in maintaining focus on what’s essential and also safe time during your consultation.
A list of actual medication being taken:
whether prescribed by your doctor
bought as supplements over the counter
vitamins, herbal and homeopathic substances you may be taking
What to wear for appointments?
Please wear lose - fitting, comfortable clothing
- When updating us with details of important changes to your health the use of a symptom-diary can be very useful for making subsequent appointments more focused.
- You may be asked to score out of 10 and describe the severity of your symptoms in order to assess your progress or even provide feedback in a more detailed way.
- Further Laboratory testing may be required. Follow-up assessments may last between 15 and 45 min subject to pre-booking.
Communication with Your GP:
- On registering with us for treatment, you have the option for your GP or other care providers to be informed about your visit and possible new treatment strategies.
- We tend to provide you or your GP with copies of test results or of summarising letters, or of reasons when a change in medication is recommended.
- It is important that you continue all medication provided by other care providers, unless change is discussed or has been suggested.
- When conventional basic pathology tests and blood works are needed which can be done by the NHS we recommend that you do so by arranging them via your GP or hospital specialist.
- When delays cannot be accepted or when more specific tests of assays, such as metabolic indicators, tumour markers are required please let us know in advance as often this requires ordering of test kits and some specific handling and packaging of the test specimens which Hightree Medical can arrange for you.
- This includes tests for certain contaminants, toxins and parasites, certain nutritional or endocrine profiles, oxidative stress, ageing tests etc.
- They are charged separately and copies of results will automatically be passed on to you when they become available.
Hours of service:
- On a weekly basis Hightree Clinic in East Sussex is open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Pre-arranged appointments may become available on Wednesdays by request.
- Appointments for blood tests are usually required to be mornings.
- Dr Trefzer also sees patients in London mostly on alternate Wednesdays at the Queens Square Private Consulting Rooms London WC1 N3BG.
- London-based consultations with Dr Trefzer, are also made by phoning our receptionist number: 01825 712 712
- Or by e-mail confirmation via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to the Clinic:
The Clinic's details are Hightree Clinic, Eastbourne Road, Ridgewood- Uckfield TN22 QL. (A road map of the location can be found via the link …..and also in our practice leaflet).
Land marks: are the ‘Highland Inn’ overlooking a large roundabout at the south side of Uckfield or the Rajdutt Indian Restaurant situated more East-wards along the (old-) Eastbourne Road at Ridgewood. Hightree Clinic is in between these two locations and several hundred yards away from each but very close to a very small roundabout as a third landmark where you should look out for the signs for Hightree Medical.
Cancellation at Short Notice:
If an appointment is cancelled with less than 24hrs notice, full charges will be incurred (unless there are exceptional circumstances). This applies to missed appointments too.